Online Reputation Management for E-Commerce
Online reputation is a BIG deal to the e-commerce industry, where trust is everything. E-commerce is growing at an impressive rate. In 2017, online sales had reached $2.3 trillion, with $4.5 trillion expected in 2021. In the United States, e-commerce represents nearly 10 percent of retail sales, expected to grow by 15 percent each year.
Good online reputation management is important across the board, but it’s particularly significant for e-commerce business owners. Consumers are relying more and more on reviews – just as much as personal recommendations in fact. Every e-commerce store should recognize the importance of how people perceive their brand online.
Online reputation management means being proactive and reactive, and regularly practicing online brand queries including monitoring online discussions on social media accounts and review platforms.
A good online reputation offers many benefits, including:
- Impact on sales figures.
- Expanded reach on target audience.
- Builds brand image to attract your target audience.
- Positive effect on customer loyalty and your brand’s growth.
- Impacts credibility and trust that drive customer satisfaction.
It’s very hard to retain your customers and attract new ones if you’re not trustworthy. Especially when it comes to financial information, consumers online must have the utmost trust in your capabilities. They are very vulnerable at the point of sale and any doubt about your reputation can cause them to cancel the sale or go elsewhere.
If your business continually suffers negative reviews or comments, your sales and business will take a hit. You may lose some crucial accounts or deals, and you could very well slip in your search engine results rankings.
While you can’t control what people say about you, you can encourage a positive perception about your business by:
- Regularly checking search engine results to monitor what people are saying about you.
- Keep tabs on customer feedback and social media platforms for new comments.
- Update your website regularly with fresh content.
- Consistently deliver good service, which will translate to more positive reviews.
- Interact with your users, promptly responding to them when they have a question or concern. Send out surveys asking them to rate their experiences after a sale.
- Add blogs and participate in forums to improve your digital presence in a natural way.
Contact Boost Reviews
We cater to many industries, especially the highly-visible e-commerce industry. Let us help you gather five-star reviews to elevate your brand’s consistency and voice. Contact us today.