My Google Reviews Disappeared: Now What?
This may have happened to you, instilling a moment of panic as you try to figure out what went wrong. You’re not alone. It’s happened to thousands of businesses just like yours. That’s why we’re writing this blog!
Many Google My Business pages have inadvertently and with no notice become “unverified.” This results in reviews to be removed from Google profiles, maps listings and search results pages. This can be disconcerting, but seems to be due to some recent changes Google has been testing. To be safe, check on all your Google profiles.
Steps to Recover Your Reviews
If you want to get your Google reviews back, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Google My Business.
- Open the menu and choose “All Locations” in the upper left-hand corner.
- Verify that you are authorized to manage the business, agreeing to the Terms of Service.
- Click on “Manage Location”.
- Click “Edit” from the Location page.
- Open the Maps section.
- Click “Edit Marker Location.”
- Toggle the map marker a tad and save.
Ideally, this practice will refresh your business’ Google profile so it returns to normal. If it doesn’t, clear your cache. If that doesn’t work, read on:
Why are Reviews Disappearing From Your Google+ Page?
- Reviews labeled as spam: Google is aggressive when it comes to fighting spammy reviews in ensure to ensure quality of the platform. Your reviews may have disappeared because they have been deemed spammy, or they are against Google’s content policy guidelines. Unfortunately, sometimes the filter does flag legitimate reviews.
- Reviews contain links/URLs: Many times,reviews featuring links or URLs in them will automatically be marked as spam and removed from a business’ local Google+ page.
- Long periods of inactivity: Inactive Google+ pages can also affect the way the page displays.
What happens when my page is unverified?
If you find yourself at unverified status, this means you can’t use Google My Business to manage or edit the business information that appears there.
Additionally, you can’t respond to reviews using the owner-response function, or use any other Google My Business features such as:
- Posting updates
- Checking customer insights
- Tracking reviews and ratings over time
If you are managing multiple business locations, those inactive pages or locations will say “Disconnected.”
How Do I Get Verified?
Google will email you with a two–week notice of the pending un-verification. If you missed the two-week deadline, you must contact support to restore verification. Remember, if you haven’t signed up for Google My Business, your local Google+ page was never verified in the first place. Follow this step-by-step guide on how to claim your business on Google.
Contact Boost Reviews
Want to know how you can easily get those five-star reviews you’ve been craving to bolster your business? Contact us now to find out how.