How to fix incorrect business information on Google
There was probably a time, before your business had grown to the level at which it is today, when it didn’t seem to be that important for you to use the correct information when opening your Google My Business account. It is also possible that you have since moved on from where you were a few years ago, meaning your profile no longer reflects the correct information with regard to your business. So, how do you fix incorrect business information in Google?
Why it’s important to provide the correct information in Google
Let us, to begin with, reflect on why it’s so important for you to provide the correct information when it comes to Google My Business. For one thing, all the data that you provide is crucial in that it gives your customers the ability to find your business. This information includes;
- Your business’ address: This is important if you physically interact with your customers. If you have moved, you, therefore, need to correct the information that’s on Google in order to make sure that your customers can continue to find you.
- Your business hours: This is another important bit of information that you need to have correct on Google. Your customers need to know exactly when they can get in touch with you and the hours at which your business is closed for the day.
- You Phone Number: You business’ phone number is another important component that makes it possible for your business to stay in touch with its customers.
Some information cannot be edited
One of the things that you will notice is that there are other aspects of your business’ Google profile that cannot be edited. These aspects include;
- The description of your business
- Social media profiles
- Hotel amenities
The only way that you are going to be able to edit this kind of information is by getting in touch with support.
Fixing incorrect information on Google
In order to fix incorrect information on Google, all that you need to do is the following;
- The first thing that you need to do as part of the process of fixing incorrect business information on Google is to, if you haven’t already done so, claim your business.
- Once this is done, you also need to verify your listing. The process of verifying your business can take a while, since Google will send a pin to your address that you will use to prove the authenticity of your business.
- Once you have claimed your business page and have verified your business, all that you need to do in order to fix incorrect business information on Google is to sign into Google my Business.
- Next, you need to click on the Info menu.
- Here, the next thing that you need to do is click on the section on which you wish to make changes. You can then enter any new information.
- When editing your information, click on “Apply.”
Are changes instant?
The changes that you make on your Google profile through Google my Business are not instant. In fact, the changes can take up to 60 days before they begin to reflect. Information that has been derived from other sources cannot be removed or edited.
If your business has moved
In the event that your business has moved to a new location, the only thing that you need to do is update its address. You will be asked to verify the new address to which your business has moved. Feel free to get in touch with us at Boost Reviews for more ORM tips for you business.