Facebook Reviews: Everything that you need to know
The influence that Facebook has in today’s business environment is something that we really do not need to dwell on. With a user base of over 2.1 monthly active users, it’s not really surprising that businesses around the world are clamouring for their own slice of the Facebook Pie. The major attraction for Facebook is the fact that the platform gives them the ability to respond to questions from consumers, share news about upcoming products and, generally, build the buzz around their brands.
Online Reviews on Facebook
One of the things that you may not be aware of is that Facebook actually is one of the largest platforms as far as online reviews are concerned. Indeed, Facebook surpasses all the other platforms, including Yelp and Google, when it comes to online reviews.
How Facebook affects consumer behaviour
- Most of the 2.1 billion users who are active on Facebook spend over 15 hours every week on the platform. That’s a surprisingly high amount of time and can only be viewed as a positive for businesses that wish to engage with these people.
- Facebook Reviews are of particular importance to local businesses. Getting reviews for local businesses is something that we have previously dwelt on this blog. What you need to know is that a staggering 80% of consumers are likely to buy from your local business if it has positive reviews on its Facebook Page.
- Facebook has become the go to place for customers who are looking for a place on which to post reviews for local businesses. Indeed, the platform, according to a 2014 study, even outranked Yelp when it came to local reviews.
- One third of consumers will connect with a brand on Facebook after making a purchase.
Ratings and Reviews on Facebook
Facebook offers a rating system for Pages that is more or less similar to the Google star rating extensions system. Facebook mentions that its ratings are based on data that is collected across the platform with regard to a particular brand. You do need, however, to allow recommendations on your page in order to show ratings.
How to allow recommendations on Facebook
Allowing recommendations on your Facebook Page gives the public the ability to leave feedback on your Page. They can also see the recommendations that have been left by other people. To allow recommendations on your Page, all that you need to do is the following;
- Go to your page and click on Settings.
- Choose “Edit Page.”
- Click on “Add a Tab.”
- Click on “Add Tab.”
Why are Recommendations Important
Facebook recommendations are a great way through which you can boost your brand’s visibility in Facebook Search.
Removing a Facebook Recommendation
It’s entirely possible for you to have a review removed from your Facebook Page. As is the case with any other review platform, you will discover that over time, you will collect your own fair share of inappropriate and fake feedback. Facebook allows you to report these recommendations, and should there be sufficient grounds, the adverse recommendations will be removed.
How to get Facebook Reviews for Local Business
We have already noted that local businesses stand to benefit the most from being reviewed on Facebook. Let’s assume that you run a restaurant, as an example. A good way through which you can increase your visibility and credibility is by having people check in while visiting your business.
Facebook then asks people who have checked in to leave reviews about your business. There are several ways through which you can get people to check in, including by offering them free WiFi and other incentives.
The great thing about having people check in is that your business is instantly shown to their friends whenever they do so. This gives your brand increased exposure and visibility. Check ins are, therefore, a good way through which you can boost your brand’s online visibility.